For a magical holiday in the South of France, discover La Hourne.
Picture yourself in a 17th Century rustic country house perched atop a
green rolling hill, nestled among the foothills of the Cevennes mountains.
When you seek the peace of being on the land, LaHourne is ideal. Yet you're close to cultural highlights of the South of France.
LaHourne may be one of the quietest places you've ever been. Wake up to the sound of sheep bells in the distance and birds in the trees.
Enjoy sweeping views of pastures, foothills and mountains. Step out the front door and walk through the woods. Visit the vineyard. Stroll to the spring that forms the headwaters of the L'Ourne River.
Along the way, pick wildflowers, rosemary, thyme and more. The wild orchids are magnificent!
Situated on 10 green hectares near Anduze, the house offers:
· A large wooden terrace -- perfect for meals, reading and relaxing, big enough for 12 people, with a commanding view of The Twins
· Two double bedrooms and a day-bed in the living room
· A large, fully equipped kitchen, including professional stove and dining area
· A tranquil large living room with large French windows
· Wi-fi and a writer's work space, including printer
· One bathroom, with a claw-foot cast iron bathtub and a separate shower
. A welcome basic with local wine, organic vegetables and bread, tea and coffee to get you started.
When you're ready to relax in the south of France, discover La Hourne. A place you'll never forget.
"La Hourne is a magical place to rest and soak up the ambiance of Languadoc region. I enjoyed waking up to drinking coffee , doing yoga and viewing the Cevenne mountains each morning on the terrace. I also enjoyed taking long walks on the surrounding property to pick wild growing herbs along the way. Another highlight is being able to buy a fresh chicken from the lovely neighbors next door and having a sunset dinner with local wine once again on the terrace. All in all, a lovely place to recharge the batteries!" Janet B. from New York City, guest 2011.